OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler water refilling system for tank

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

lesio
    Participant

Hello everyone.

Due to low and unstable water pressure from “city” pipe I have to use underground water tank as a source for sprinklers.
    The idea is to automatically refill the tank during the night, until appropriate water thresholds (let say until high level threshold).
    Additionally, I would like to check, if water level is not to low, to avoid pump start when there is “no water”.

I’m just thinking to use one sprinkler circuit to manage valve for water refilling (valve connected with the “city” pipe), but how to start / stop it?

There should be two statements for start:
    – specific time (night)
    – water level (start if less then “high threshold”)

For stop:
    – stop on high threshold (turn off the valve)

It is possible to have two or more rain level sensors (or something similar), to check water level in the tank?

best regards,
    T.

Mike
    Participant

What about wiring a float switch in series with the valve that OpenSprinkler controls?

Attachments:

pb
    Participant

Or use a traditional ballcock inside the tank as well as the solenoid. Thus, both the solenoid and ballcock must be open for water to flow.

This doesn’t help the dry pump start case.

Ray
    Keymaster

I think what Mike said is the easiest solution. Basically you set OpenSprinkler to water at a specific time and fixed duration (that guarantees to fill the bank). Then you have a float switch in series with the valve wire. This way, if the water level exceeds the threshold, the valve is cut off (even though OpenSprinkler still thinks it’s on).

lesio
    Participant

Hi All

Thanks for answers.

Something like this can be uses to measure water level?
    http://www.tm-techmark.com/mac3.htm

t.

Mike
    Participant

That looks like it would work!

lesio
    Participant

great.
    i will put details here after implemented
    t

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler water refilling system for tank