OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions WiFi Distance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant

have got os 3.0 but need to set up at my valves in fruit property 350 meters from my office router
    whats the best way to do this either use repeaters or can I connect some how to RF signal

Ray
    Keymaster

Well, this is a tricky question to answer and it depends on your specific setup. For example, here are two options to begin with:
    – extend your valve wires to closer to where the office router is, so that OS can reach the WiFi signal, and still get physically connected to your valves.
    – use WiFi range extender or set up a mesh network so the WiFi signal can reach further into the field

Thanks Ray for the reply
    I am thinking maybe the antenna in the link only problem is I have 2x Os3.0 and they are in opposite directions
    so may have to get 2 antennas
    any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    regards Rick

Ray
    Keymaster

I would suggest that you send the controller back to us so we can replace the top layer with another board that has WiFi chip with external antenna plug. If it’s not convenient for you to send it back, you can purchase such a top board and replace it on your controller by yourself. In either case, you can submit a support ticket with the request.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions WiFi Distance