Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

Last night I observed the OS showing Saturday (when it was Friday night) but the right date (just not the right day of the week).  This was before I made some code changes 🙂

Tonight I am seeing the same thing.  I’ve attached a pic.  It isn’t wrong all day, just later in the evening perhaps a timezone thing that isn’t affecting the date, but is affecting the day of week?

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, this may have something to do with a change in 2.1.3 where the internal RTC now stores UTC+0 time (whereas previously it was storing the local time). Most places that use RTC time have been changed accordingly, but perhaps when calculating the day of the week, I forgot to account for this change. Will check it. Thanks for reporting.

Robert
    Participant

As a side note I had a program set to run Sunday at 1am (yesterday).

The program never ran.  Perhaps related to the wrong day of the week?  However since it occurred on a time change day:

I’m thinking for future reference, between 1am and 3am sunday morning start times might not be a good idea since time changes happen twice in a year then, although probably not what caused it to skip watering this time.

Ray
    Keymaster

I doubt it has to do with what’s shown on the LCD — if the web UI shows the correct time that means the controller has the correct time.

I’ve found the bug with LCD showing the wrong day of the week. It has to do with this function OpenSprinkler::weekday_today() in OpenSprinkler.cpp. It should account for the time zone. As I mentioned earlier: prior to firmware 2.1.3 the firmware stores local time (after time zone offset) in RTC; now it stores UTC+0 time. Most of the code has been updated to reflect this change, but I didn’t update the weekday_today function. I am pretty sure this only affects the LCD display.

Regarding skipping 1am program: my suggestion is to see if you can reproduce the issue. Also keep in mind that if the program is set to use weather adjustment, it may have been skipped due to 0% watering percentage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.