I think that was the trick; because it worked the first attempt I did. I could’ve sworn I tried uploading the firmware with out doing the detect; but apparently I didn’t or I missed something at that time.
So for future reference here are the exact steps I took:
- I did not have the Firmware Updater started on the tablet
- Connect the USB cable to my tablet.
- Plugin the USB cable to the OS while holding down B2.
- Release B2 after 1 second
- Wait for the tablet to beep; indicating that the OS was recognized by the system
- Launch the Firmware update software
- DO NOT DO AUTO DETECT…the LCD screen on the OS should stay blank. If it doesn’t restart the process.
- Select the Device from the drop down….in my case it is OpenSprinkler_v2.1
- Select the Firmware to upload
- Click Upload Firmware
Thanks for the quick response!