OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) F1 burned out and want to replace but what fuse to use? Reply To: F1 burned out and want to replace but what fuse to use?

jayOSPi
Participant

Thanks for responding, both of you.

I got a 250VAC 2A fuse and soldered two leads on then was able to solder it to the board. Everything functioned perfectly until the second to last zone and pretty sure the fuse popped again. I am thinking there is a short in the line going out to that zone somewhere. It was too late last night by the time I got everything back together and tested to go check the valve. I suspect a short because the system installed when I bought the house was a mess and only four of the eight wires going out to that sprinkler box were any good (the other four were open somewhere between the controller and the sprinkler box).

The one thing I liked about the sprinkler controller that the OSPI replaced is it had a circuit breaker instead of a fuse. I know enough about electronic components to be dangerous. Could I replace the fuse with a reset able breaker instead of a fuse? If so where could I get such a thing?

On edit, would something like http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/W28-XQ1A-2/PB183-ND/45058 work? I know I would have to run leads from the board out to the terminals but that is trivial compared to soldering a new fuse every time it blows due to a short in the wire for the zone.