OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Announcing OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.1.7 Reply To: Announcing OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.1.7

Anonymous
Inactive

Program water times now support full precision down to seconds, from 0 to 64800 (18 hours). Previous firmware uses a compression method to nonlinearly scale the water time (such that beyond 59 seconds, the water times must be in steps of minutes) — this restriction has now been removed.
To make space for the increased program data, the maximum number of programs has reduced to 17 for OS 2.3 and all Linux-based OpenSprinkler (e.g. OSPi), and to 8 for OS 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. If you have a large number of programs, you should take this into consideration when deciding to upgrade the firmware.

I would like to take advantage of the new firmware, but I am using 16 zones now, and would like to be able to add zones in the future. I do not need the “full precision down to seconds”. Is there any (easy) way to strip that out of the code and still allow for more than 17 zones? I am running ospi hardware v1.42.

Also, is there a way to stop the “New firmware available” notification?