OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update to latest firmware doesn't work [SOLVED – See solution in thread] Reply To: Update to latest firmware doesn't work [SOLVED – See solution in thread]

yellowgecko
Participant

Hi Ian,
thanks for the reply. Thanks for the kind offer, happy to come over at some stage when I am around. And also thanks a lot for the explanation on the Zimmerman. so it does not make sense to water in the morning using it with the current setting. I think even the current table of bom with Eto would be a great improvement. I am just struggling how to “intercept” the water level request. I try to find the bit in the code where it updates the watering % just before it runs the program. My idea is to have a cron job running that download the bom table once a day (or every hour) and then use it to calculate the %watering. As I said I still have not found a good way to intercept/replace the watering calculation. Must be somewhere in the main loop. There is a getweather function, but still not to sure how to realign it to another script.

PS. YOu mentioned earlier that you use the Zimmerman algorithm. Can you let me know your setting, meaning when do you water and what are your humidity, temp and rainfall setting and sensitivities.

Thanks again,

Bernd