OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Controller lockups / crashes with wired Ethernet module Reply To: Controller lockups / crashes with wired Ethernet module

robin hayman
Participant

I too experience the loss of connection to my Master

I have OS V3, OS V3 with one extension board and OSPi all running on my general wired network which spans three buildings.

V3 with one extension is my Master controller and it is running firmware: 2.1.9 (4).
I too experience the loss of connection to my Master over wired Ethernet although the display time is correct(ticking) and reading the log, the watering program executes correctly.

Initially, I thought V3 with just 8 channels did not have this problem. But I think it does. But it ran for three or four days before losing connection.

My Master will not run 24 hours before losing Ethernet. Does having more channels make this problem more accute?

It does not happen on OSPi.

I don’t have DropBox, but my W10 has all kind of things running, looking for their friends, etc. So I expect my network has all kinds of broadcast things going on.

I have put in a support request for the W5500 adapter module. I will order one or two W5500 modules.

Sorry, not much help in finding a solution!