OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests eTO question Reply To: eTO question

HorizonKane
Participant

Hi,

thank you for educating me about that Ignore Rain function, must have overread that. Ignore rain sensors is pretty clear and I have that turned off.

So regarding my question: I want them to be affected by all the factors Eto takes into consideration. It is working quite good almost every day. I tried both, Zimmerman and Eto for a while and 99% of the time it is just working great. With the rain sensor it is also working fine.

But that one day it was not ok. And I suspect the fact that the weather data is only updated once in 24hrs (that is correct, or not?) as teh reason. If it is raining the evening before, the whole night and today until 10am and then it becomes 26°C the rest of the day, I just don’t want him to cancel out the 22h watering. Maybe the 14h one, ok, but even the one in the late evening after such a warm day? In the garden that might be sufficient, but not for plants that reside in pots. It would either be great to be able to take more current weather data into consideration or at least create some additional rules like “always water at least X% when temperature exceeds X°C”.

The second thing is that I read about modifying the Eto baseline to adjust watering, however no matter what I entered, lowest or highest value, it was not changing to anything higher than 0% that day.

Of course I could create an automation in Home Assistant or Node-RED that checks how hot it is and starts watering through the API in the rare cases where it is hot and the Water Level is on 0%, but I would like it more to have the OpenSprinkler itself being able to take care for everything.

For now, if there is no way to use more current weather data for Eto, I will continue observing, as this happened only once. However I think when I have an Internet connected Sprinkler, recieving hyperlocal weather data, it would be great to be able to use more current data than from a 24hr cache so it can adjust to strong changes in weather like that day.