OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.2.0(1) – Master and Remote Stations Out-of-Sync

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

larryglz
    Participant

Hi. So after upgrading from 2.1.9(9) to 2.2.0(1), I noticed a couple of things.
    1. I have all my station set as “P.” Let’s say stations 1, 2, 3, and 4 are remote stations. Sometimes when I turn ON those stations at the same time on the Master, one of the stations doesn’t turn ON on the Remote. But the Master still claims the Remote station is on. Also, when all 4 stations are ON and I turn them all off on the Master, sometimes one station will stay ON on the Remote even though the Master claims it’s OFF.
    2. If the remote stations are turned ON from the Master and I turn them off via the Remote GUI, the Master still sees them as ON.
    3. Separate issue seen during the upgrade process. It seems the Configuration export does not save the remote configurations. After restoring the configuration on the Master and the Remote stations, I still had to reconfigure each remote station on the Master.
    Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

1. If you turn on 4 zones at the same time, chances are due to network traffic issues some of the remote commands may be lost. That’s why the firmware has a feature that periodically refreshes the command to make sure the remote is in sync with the master. If you can stagger the simultaneous zones that would improve the situation.
    2. This is expected: once a controller is set as Remote, you are NOT supposed to turn zones on or off on the remote controller — the communication from master to remote is one-way, the Master controller cannot see changes you made on the Remote controller directly.

larryglz
    Participant

1. Understood. Btw, I did try turning ON the next station 30 seconds after the previous one. But I would still see that a station would not turn ON on the Remote. In this sense, they were staggered 30 seconds. How often is the command refreshed on the Master to sync w/ Remote?
    2. Understood. I missed this.

Since I’m running the stations thru Home Assistant anyway, I might stop using the Master/Remote feature entirely.

Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

1 -> go to Edit Options, Advanced tab, make sure the ‘Special Station Auto Refresh is turned on’. The refresh is every 2 minutes I believe.

larryglz
    Participant

Got it. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware 2.2.0(1) – Master and Remote Stations Out-of-Sync