OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) 24 v to 5v conventer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tritron

Ebay is full of 24v to 5v controlers I want to use opensprinkler down the road right now I use relaysright now . I want to also use it for garage door opener so it seems nice to have one power source and connect to 24 power supply and use it with garage door relays. Does anyone have experience with down conventer ?

KanyonKris
    Participant

I’m fine using an AC to mini USB adapter. I had an extra one from a dead smartphone so it was free.

Perhaps someone is using a 24 VAC to 5 VDC adapter and can make some recommendations. But if not just look up the power specs for the Raspberry Pi and buy a converter that looks like it will work.

Ray
    Keymaster

I don’t think you need an external 24VAC to 5VDC converter: OpenSprinkler has a built-in switching regulator that does the 24VAC to 5VDC conversion. The 5V output is accessible from the VIN pin (in the pinout area).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) 24 v to 5v conventer