OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 3.0 Expansion Board not working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nkeeney
    Participant

So, I just set up my OS 3.0 (DC) and one 3.0 Expansion Board (DC) and wired up my first valves. I’m not able to get any of the valves plugged into the Expansion (1-16) to work, while the main OS valves (1-8) all work fine. I swapped valve wires to make sure the issue wasn’t a bad valve or bad connection.

When I try to run (for example) Expansion Station #9 from the web GUI, I can see that “E2” on the OS display has a flashing station (“. o O”), so at least the OS thinks the signal is being sent. Then, when I use a voltage tester on Station #9 across the common, there is no voltage. See attached photo.

I’ve tested several of the Expansion stations, so it’s not just a single bad station.

What else can I try? Do I have a faulty Expansion board? Faulty cable?

Thanks!

Attachments:

nkeeney
    Participant

I’m going to be trying a new cable to see if that’s the issue.

Ray
    Keymaster

All zone expanders have been tested and I doubt it’s the circuit board’s problem. The cable could be a problem for sure. The other thing to note is that don’t do hot-swap plug in — always power off the controller, plug in expander, and power it back on. The firmware only detects expander at booting, so if you plug it in after it’s already powered on it won’t detect the expander.

nkeeney
    Participant

The replacement cable fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ray,
    I am having exactly the same issue with my Expansion Board just purchased. The OS3 recognizes the new board, but all of the station pins on the expansion board are dead with no current running through them under any watering program. Re there any other tests I can run, or do I need a new cable as well?
    Cheers
    Willow

Ray
    Keymaster

If you haven’t done so, please send a support ticket and we can arrange to send a new cable to you.

raphael
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having the same problem.
    I received a brand new 3.0 controller and 3 expansion boards.
    The main controller is working like a charm. I tested two different expansion board, each one with different expansion cables, without success.
    The indexes of expansion boards are on OFF and OFF, like it is explained on https://rayshobby.net/docs/os30_starter_guide.pdf
    I restart the controller but the new zones dont appear.
    Any idea ? Is there any software configuration to do ?
    Thanks.
    Have a nice day.

raphael
    Participant

Hi,
    I got it fixed 5 seconds after typing my post.
    Yes, there is a software configuration tip !

In the top right corner of your screen you will see a bell icon -> click on it, then activate the new zones.

Ray, perhaps you should add this info on the Starter Guide ?
    Thanks, have a good day.

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

Sure, good suggestion. Will do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 3.0 Expansion Board not working