OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 401 Unauthorized error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MarkWM
    Participant

I have an OpenSprinkler v1.42u with firmware version 1.8.3. I noticed some irregularities in the operation today and tried to use the “Run Once” feature from the WEB browser. When I clicked the “Run Now” button I got a “401 Unauthorized” page. I then tried the same from the Android app and got a “Check device password and try again.” I have never set a password for the OpenSprinkler. I checked the “Set Options” page on the WEB browser and found the “Sequential” and “Ignore password” boxes had been unchecked. I checked both these boxes and “Submitted Changes” but got the “401 Unauthorized” page again.

I don’t know what happened or how to fix this as my irrigation system cannot work without being in sequential mod. Can you help? Thanks.

Ray
    Keymaster

401 Unauthorized is very strange, it should not have this error at all. ‘Check Device Password and Try again’ is related to device password. You can bypass password by using buttons: power off the controller, then press and hold the third pushbutton (B3) while powering it back on, continue holding B3 until the LCD displays ‘Setup Options’. Then click B3 many times until you see ‘Ignore Password’, click B1 to select Yes, and finally press and hold B3 until the controller reboots. This is equivalent to check ‘Ignore Password’ in the UI. See if this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler 401 Unauthorized error