OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Adding pictures for zones

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JimS
    Participant

I see that the Android app allows adding a picture for each zone but it goes to the camera to take the picture. Can an existing picture be added? Maybe take a picture to set it up and then substitute a different picture somehow? The requirement to take a new picture is very limiting. I would like to have an overhead sketch of the zones that could be easily called up for reference.

Samer
    Keymaster

Using an existing an image is normally possible. If you are only seeing the camera option can you let me know which Android device/software version you are using? I will look into it.

Thanks!

JimS
    Participant

Samsung J7, Model SM-J727U. Android version 7.0. Patch level June 1, 2018. When I click Add Picture it goes directly to the camera.

JimS
    Participant

I tried this on an older android. Didn’t allow me to add an existing picture either. Any update on this issue?

JimS
    Participant

Was this every looked into?

Samer
    Keymaster

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. No, I have not yet had a chance to take a look at this however I will try to have a look very soon.

Thank you for your patience!

georgeioak
    Participant

Along the same lines I can see station pictures with my Android phone but if I’m home and log into the OSPi directly I don’t see the station pictures. I’m logged into OpenSprinkler both on the phone and the desktop

Samer
    Keymaster

@georgeioak this is about a different issue. For your issue, please try using the following URL in the browser: http://app.opensprinkler.com. This should show your icons when you login.

For everyone else here, this is top priority for me. Thank you for your patience again!

Samer
    Keymaster

I have finally addressed this by making the button select an image from the file picker in Android. This was just pushed out to both Amazon and Google stores as 2.0.3.

This should be more flexible and accommodate all users while we build more of a UI to handle which one the user might want.

Thank you for your patience!

Mattinger
    Participant

I noticed that I cannot use existing pictures in the iPhone App as well. It would only take me to the camera app and not let me switch to the camera roll.

Samer
    Keymaster

Correct, the same change made for Android is also made for iOS however I haven’t pushed an update there yet.

Support for firmware 2.1.9 is almost complete so an update is coming soon. That update will include this fix.

Thanks for letting us know!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Adding pictures for zones