Let me start by saying: Fantastic job building opensprinkler. This has been a fun project and a great learning experience.
Just got done assembling a DIY kit. Tests checked out. No visible solder bridges. But when I turn on any of the zones in manual mode I can hear ALL of the valves open up (can hear air coming through the sprinkler heads from zones that are supposed to be off). The weird thing is I have a zone on an expansion board. Even when I unplug the expansion board and turn any of the other zones on I can see water dripping from that zone.
Not sure what’s going on. I’m not sure where to begin troubleshooting this one. My old sprinkler controller worked fine. Any ideas?
I did some more testing this morning and found that when any of the zones on the main board are activated ALL zones turn on. But if I only turn the zone on the expansion board on then the zones on the main board do not come on.
Zone 1 – Master
Zones 2-8 – Valves
Expansion Zone 1 (zone 9) – Valve
So if I turn on any zone 2-8 the master AND all zones 2-8 open up. But if I turn on zone 9 only the master and zone 9 open up.
I found the problem. A solenoid was stuck open on my drip irrigation zone. I had to bleed pressure off the diaphragm to get it to close. Since that zone goes all around the house it sounded like all the zones were opening up. So this was completely unrelated to opensprinkler. Everything is working great. Thanks for the great project!