OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Alternative Sensor Input Methods

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CoenJC
    Participant

Hello
    I have a tank level sensor integrating with Home Assistant and im wanting to use this as a Rain Delay Sensor in OpenSprinkler (ie when low stop watering, when high allow watering)
    As my physical tank sensor is over 100m away i dont have the option to wire it in physically to Sensor 1 on OpenSprinkler so what are my alternatives? Can i connect the OpenSprinkler to Home Assistant to ingest data from there (if so how?)? Or do i need to build a bespoke PLC to act as an intermediary between HA and the OS sensor pins via GPIO?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ray
    Keymaster

One possibility is to write a script (probably in Home Assistant?) that can send a command to OpenSprinkler via its HTTP API to trigger actions when the tank level sensor triggers.

Another possibility is to use some sort of remote switch, such that when the tank level sensor triggers, it sends a signal to trigger a relay via RF or any type of wireless signal. There are off-the-shelf wireless rain sensors that work this way. I would think probably some sort of wireless tank level sensor also exists.

How is your tank level sensor integrated with HA?

robi
    Participant

There’s a neat Home Assistant integration for OpenSprinkler at https://github.com/vinteo/hass-opensprinkler (also installable via HACS).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Alternative Sensor Input Methods