OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Another question on DST (NOTE: Auto-DST is only available with FW 2.1.0 or later)

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

Dear friends,

I installed OS (Arduino) this summer and had set to sync with an NTP server and put in +2 since during summer Europe’s central time is 2 hours ahead of GMT.

The first cycle that was programmed after the switch (which in Europe at least was on the last weekend of October) happened at 8 AM DST and therefore at 7AM of the newly current solar time.

Damn sprinklers woke up my wife one hour too early after an almost sleepless night (we have a little kid with severe sleeping problems) and I was greeted by a killer like stare ! 🙂

I resorted to changing the time correction from +2 to +1 (which is the correct shift for central Europe out of DST) and now things are ok.

Shouldn’t the time have adjusted on its own ? I’m clearly doing something wrong.

Thanks for any advice.

Robert

Ray
    Keymaster

As I just replied in another thread: Auto-DST detection is a feature only recently introduced in Firmware 2.1.0. If your OpenSprinkler is running earlier firmware versions, you will need to manually change the time zone to accommodate DST changes. So if your OpenSprinkler is not running firmware 2.1.0, I recommend upgrading to 2.1.0 now.

rjalex
    Participant

Ok will do. That must be the problem since I am still on 2.0.9.

Thanks a lot !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Another question on DST (NOTE: Auto-DST is only available with FW 2.1.0 or later)