OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware API documentation error for “cp” (change program) command

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bob Stern
    Participant

This error exists in the documentation for both 2.1.9 and 2.2.0 draft.

In section 15, the cp command should not include the uwt parameter. It is redundant with flag bit 1.

More seriously, if the uwt parameter is included, it can cause the cp command to be ignored if its value is the same as the existing setting for the program. When it is ignored for this reason, the cp command still returns result=1, so you have no way of knowing that it was ignored.

I spent a few hours troubleshooting this until I discovered the problem.

Ray
    Keymaster

The ‘uwt’ parameter is included intentionally — some users use external script to change this bit so wanted a way to directly modify it without having to pass in the entire program parameters. So ‘uwt’ and ‘en’ are provided to directly change these bits without having to pass in the rest of the program data.

You are right that if either of these parameters are present, the rest of the program data is ignored. I will clarify it in the document.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware API documentation error for “cp” (change program) command