OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Are settings restored properly through FW updates ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

I have a 2.0.5 fw OpenSprinkler which I have pretty heavily programmed. I’d like to upgrade to 2.0.6 to use the logging to microSD feature.

Will it work if If I use the iOS app to save the 2.0.5 configuration, then upgrade to 2.0.6, then just manually reconfigure the network and then use the app to restore the irrigation programming ?

Thanks in advance

Samer
    Keymaster

Yes, furthermore, the settings should remain through upgrades. At least they do for me (I upgrade manually using avrdude).

rjalex
    Participant

Aw ok thanks a lot. I thought the settings were lost as per an explicit warning on the manual page ! So much better ! 🙂
    Take care

Samer
    Keymaster

You know what I was wrong I am sorry. I am so used to using my app to import each time I forgot they clear out.

With that said, the app works well at backing up and importing all settings back in.

Sorry for the misinformation.

rjalex
    Participant

No worries and thank you very much for helping !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Are settings restored properly through FW updates ?