OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jithin
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve (actually my dad, I set it up for him) been using opensprinkler v2.2 (bought fully assembled) for over a year without issues. A month back, he complained that it was no longer working – the HTTP connections used to hang. I tried to reset it, but no luck.

I saw that a new firmware was out and decided to flash it. I downloaded the updater and tried updating the FW. It says
    verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
    0x0c != 0x62
    verification error; content mismatch

Full log attached. Any pointers is appreciated. 🙂

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

There may have been some sort of flash memory corruption. Can you submit a support ticket? We probably need to reflash the microcontroller (not through the USB port, but through the ISP pin headers).

Jithin
    Participant

Ray,
    Sure, I will submit a support ticket as soon as I am home (in another 8 hours). I am in India, so should I be buying a USBASP or USBTiny in anticipation?

Regards, Jithin

Jithin
    Participant

Ray, the device is now in India. Its gonna take a fair amount of time and money to ship it back to you.

I opened it up today and i think the ISP headers under the LCD, right? Please send me the instructions and I’ll try to do it myself.

Regards, Jithin

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, will follow up on the support ticket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch