OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Blown 2.2 pub need pdf – png schematic to debug

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

egdirdle
    Participant

Hi all,

the new puppy chewed the cables to valves and seems to have caused a chain reaction to fry the 2.2 pcb.

I need the real schematic to debug it. I am a hardware designer so I have all the tools and parts to fix it. Just need the schematic. I have found a bunch on the web but not the one I have.

Can you help me with the file or link to the file? [email protected]

Ray
    Keymaster

legacy OS hardware design files are in the rayshobby github:
    https://github.com/rayshobby/opensprinkler/tree/master/OpenSprinkler%20Controller/hardware
    you can install EagleCAD and open the .sch/.brd files

egdirdle
    Participant

Thank you

I have it going again after swapping out 4 triacs. The fifth T4 burnt the pub and traces so I just won’t use it.

Also the 0.5A fuse went. These are nasty little devices because they have high wire resistance which can cause issues with input resistance to linear supplies. Also the fuse wire to fuse end terminal can go high resistance and cause intermittent grief.

I am also surprised that I had three triacs go before this. I note that the triac is rated for 0.8ARMS. (BT1308W-600D). My AC vales have a dc resistance of ~25 ohms. Impedance will be a little higher at 50Hz but I have a nice solid 24vac supply that takes the RMS on current to over 0.8A. No wonder they are dying!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Blown 2.2 pub need pdf – png schematic to debug