OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Board search function suckage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

doczaius

It’s been probably a decade since I messed with a phpBB installation but I’m sure its configurable. The search function is super restricted making it pretty useless. I tried to search for “firmware update” and got a “too common” error. I know this was implemented to minimize long-running queries and hinder search floods on some of those less-than-savory boards on the internet, but I don’t think that would be the case here, and its not as if there is a massive amount of content to parse through. Of course if the board is running on a raspberrypi then by all means, keep it as is 😆

Edit: adverb/conjunction confusion :p

Ray
    Keymaster

Frankly, I hate it myself. I will do some digging around to see how to make it suck less, but if anyone has set up phpBB and knows how to make the search functionality better, let me know. Thanks!

virtus
    Participant

It should be a fairly simple fix, but in the meantime you can also use google like this: “search term site:rayshobby.net/phpbb3”. So if you want to search for the word sensor, enter this in google (or your address bar):

sensor site:rayshobby.net/phpbb3

doczaius

Good tip. I always forget about site search.

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, I followed some posts and disabled the ‘common words’ threshold, and rebuilt the search index. Seems at least it doesn’t complain ‘too common words’ any more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Board search function suckage