April 18, 2015 at 3:52 pm #36859
I am not sure that my understanding of what is possible in setting up a new program is correct. Therefore the question mark in the title of my topic. I am also not sure if my comments apply to earlier firmware versions.
My starting assumptions were: a) it is possible to set hours, minutes and seconds in the timing of any of the channels and b) the “copy” feature in the programs is to enable the use of an existing program as a template to create a new one when is similar in order to save time. However, I am not sure if my assumptions are correct.
1. When first setting up the timing it is possible to set the hours, minutes and seconds. However it is not possible to change the seconds once is submitted as the seconds box is blank. It is possible if first the timing is reset to zero and submitted as the seconds box reappears.
2. After setting up timing intervals containing seconds and saving the program, the seconds disappear in all channels i.e. only the hours and minutes are left.
3. When trying to save a program that has been created with the “copy” option an error appears “ERROR: You have not selected any stations”. But I had! I tried various ways to do the copying (enabled, disabled, zeroing one of the channels and then setting the timing again) but have not been able to make it work and the warning keeps popping up.April 18, 2015 at 3:57 pm #36860
The first 2 things you are describing are normal and basically the granularity of the watering time changes as the value increases. The way it works is as follows:
1) You can set durations of 0 to 59 seconds, after that, seconds are disabled and the granularity becomes minutes
2) You can set minute values so long the total hours are under 3, after that minutes are disabled and the granularity becomes hours
3) You can set the hour value up to 18 in the current firmware however this is changing to 16 hour maximum in firmware 2.1.4 to allow new duration values (sunrise-sunset and sunset-sunrise).
In regard to the last issue with program copy, this sounds like a bug and I will look into it and get back to you.
Update: I tried to perform a copy and subsequent save and never recieved an error. Can you specify which app version you are using (found in the About page accessible via the left side panel).
Update 2: I have tracked the copy program bug down and resolved it. This should work in the upcoming update to the app (1.4.2).
As a work around, I believe the top right button should work on a copy however you have to make some change, like day of week.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.