OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Can I use RF transmitter/reciever to open latching dc solenoids

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alfred
    Participant

Hi

I am a farmer who use commercial controllers and would like to use Opensprinkler. Would it be possible to use RF transmitter/receiver pairs to open and close dc solenoids. I would prefer the latching type but that is not a must have.

Regards
    Alfred

Ray
    Keymaster

The only product we sell that can work with DC latching solenoids is the OpenSprinkler Bee Arduino Shield:
    http://rayshobby.net/cart/osbeeshield

However, it’s a shield for Arduino and not a standalone controller.

If it’s not too difficult for you to change the sprinkler solenoids, I would suggest changing them to 24V AC type. A 24V AC sprinkler solenoid costs less than $10.

Alfred
    Participant

Let me explain what I would like to do. I have 5 irrigation valves that needs to be open one a a time. With that there are a Pump station/main valve. I do have ac power at the pump station but that is about 800 meters away from the valves. There are a shed in between about 500m from the pumps station and 300m from the valves. I can lay cable to bring the ac power closer to the valves. What I was thinking is radio powered dc with a small solar panel. Have you got any ideas

Regards
    Alfred

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Can I use RF transmitter/reciever to open latching dc solenoids