OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Cannot access web interface

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m brand new, and so is my OpenSprinkler controller – I’m hopeful someone out there can coach me along, so I can get started…

1. I have the OS controller connected to my PC via a router

2. The router issued 192.168.1.100 to my PC, and the OS controller has 192.168.1.101 (displayed when I press B1)

3. I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 (the router) from the PC, and I am also able to ping 192.168.1.100 from the PC

4. There are no other devices connected to the router; only the OS and the PC

5. I have factory-reset the OS, prior to checking the IP-level connectivity, so I’m confident that the little dickens is “just fine” (and that I haven’t messed its brain up by pushing buttons with wild abandon)

6. I have MS-IE ver 9, on my PC, and I used the Address field to input  http://192.168.1.101 (no, I did not enter that URL into the Google search box)

7. I receive a typical “sorry, can’t find page connection  you’re looking for…” (or something like that)

8. I pinged the 192.168.1.101 address again, and the query returned replies in 1-2msec – looks like a good connection to me

How can I get the web interface to work?

Thanks!

Tim

Anonymous
    Inactive

SORRY….I made a mistake in #3 ….   I am able to ping 192.168.1.101 (which is the Open Sprinkler device) – the connection is solid.  I just can’t get MS-IE v 9 to see the web interface.

Thanks,

Tim

Ray
    Keymaster

First, just to be sure we are on the same page: you have the Raspberry Pi-based OpenSprinkler (OSPi), is that right? You are posting this question under OSPi so I assume you have OSPi. If you have the fully-assembled, microcontroller-based OpenSprinkler, the first thing to check is whether your router has Internet connection. The reason is that the microcontorller-based OpenSprinkler references external Javascripts stored on remote servers. If your router does not have Internet connection, you can still use the OpenSprinkler mobile app (or Chrome app) to access it.

Dan in CA
    Participant

Tim,

It is possible IE 9 is not compatible with the web interface. Microsoft recommends upgrading:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2014/08/07/stay-up-to-date-with-internet-explorer.aspx

Dan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Cannot access web interface