OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Cannot change timezone

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tom
    Participant

I am running a new OpenSprinkler (AC) and everything is working great except I cannot change the time zone. That dropdown option is disabled. I have tried enabling NTP and disabling but I still cannot change the timezone. I have set the location as west coast, but it forces timezone -5 which is east coast.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Tom

Ray
    Keymaster

We’ve recently had some issues with the time zone script not returning correct time zone value. The work-around is register for a WUnderground API key (just get the basic level, it’s free), and copy/paste it to the Wunderground Key under Edit Options -> Weathers and Sensors. This will allow the script to use Wunderground API to obtain time zone based on your location, which is more reliable than the free service without using Wunderground key. Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Alternatively, you can manually change the time zone by using buttons. To do so:
    – Power off OpenSprinkler. then press and hold push button B3 while powering it back on. Continue holding B3 until the LCD displays ‘Setup Options’.
    – Click B3 a few times until you see the ‘Time zone’ option.
    – Click B1 or B2 to adjust time zone.
    – Finally, press and hold B3 until the controller restarts. At this point the time zone change has been saved.

SoothingMist
    Participant

As I understand things, IBM bought out Weather Underground. There is no longer a free option for those who do not provide data.

Ray
    Keymaster

The timezone calculation is not dependent on the weather service provider — it’s done by using a timezone library.

SpikeyGG
    Participant

I have this problem with the timezone being off by an hour too (presumably daylight savings time) and it’s greyed out so I cannot correct it manually. Currently, it is actually 10:24pm and my opensprinkler device shows 21:22pm. I have NTP enabled and it’s pointing at my local NTP device, when I reboot the OS device I can see packets come through on the NTP port so I’m pretty sure it’s sync’ing up. Per Ray’s suggestion in 2015, I even enabled the WUnderground API key but that did not seem to correct the Timezone value from -07:00 to -06:00 (which is what it should be for my location). I tried changing the location manually (east coast/west coast) but the Timezone value seems to persist and always be greyed out. :-/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Cannot change timezone