OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Cannot get Mobile App to talk to OSPi scheduler v.2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

craigmw
    Participant

So, I’ve tried unsuccessfully to update Dan’s scheduler program from 1.8.3 to version 2. I’ve been able to get his program working fine, but I cannot get the Web App or the Android app working with version 2. It just keeps saying “Disabled.” I even tried a clean install of the web app on the RPi, but this did not fix the problem. When I logged into the Web App (via Windows/IE11) by typing in the OSPi’s LAN IP address (192.168.1.190/sprinklers), the install new device page came up, and I typed in a new username and password, and then the IP address for the OSPi and its port: 190.168.1.190:8080. This failed to work properly, and reported that it could not save the configuration, and to check the IP and port. I tried a number of different configurations, even using my external IP address and port (configured on my router) using dyndns.org. This also failed to work in both the Web app and in the Android app.

My configuration:

OSPi directory: /home/pi/OSPi
    Web app directory: /var/www/sprinklers

OSPi IP: 192.168.1.190
    OSPi Port: 8080
    Apache 2 port: 80

Oddly, it seems that the web app is acting as a server, since it does pull up the installation page. But, it just cannot communicate with the version 2 scheduler program.

Any thoughts?

Samer
    Keymaster

I discontinued development on the web app in favor of the native apps. Just open the Google or Amazon App Store and search opensprinkler. The app is called Sprinklers.

craigmw
    Participant

Samer:

Okay, I understand. I liked the web app because it allows me to adjust my settings from a desktop PC, but with the improved UI of the native scheduler, I can just use its page for this. The Android app is quite nice, especially since I have two OSPi’s configured (one in the front and one in the back). I like how easy the Android app allows one to switch back and forth.

Samer
    Keymaster

@craigmw Thanks! I just recently finished adding back all the features to the app (and OSPi via plugins). I am also now going through and adding desktop support via browsers and app stores. The OS X app is out now as is the Google Chrome and Firefox apps. The links are all here: http://rayshobby.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=520

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Cannot get Mobile App to talk to OSPi scheduler v.2