OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Cant connect ot opensprinker via wifi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

robm
    Participant

I think my last post disappeared when i went ot edit it, nayway repeat post below.

Hi All,

Have had Opensprinkler (not sure of version number, but the one previous to having an on board wifi module) operating for a few years using the TP link wireless access point and it has been working fine with a tp link router. However this router dies, so replaced it withe a Netgear N600 router, adn at the same time upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (no idea if this has relevance?).

Since then, i cannot connect to opensprinkler. I have reset the TP link wireless access point in client mode, and this appears to work fine, as after this was done, it comes up in my modem page as a wireless connected device (however has no IP address listed, whereas my phone, laptop etc do). The opensprinkler then always comes up with an IP adderess of 198.162.0.100, however this does not appear in the list of connected devices on my modem, and if i put that IP into my computer or phone, it will not connect.

Any ideas if this is a modem issue or setting with the Netgear modem, or something else?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

robm
    Participant

Thanks Ian – good to hear from a fellow Aussie – i am in Townsville!

So are you suggesting to try and update the firmware with a laptop. I’m not sure if this means updating via wifi (which i don’t think will work as i can’t connect to OS), or via a cabled connection between the laptop and OS? Then once firmware is updated it should be right?

I do recall updating firmware around 12 months ago, but maybe will try again.

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have an ISP supplied router, one ethernet port connected by cable to my desktop (Apple), another ethernet port connected via cable to a separate WIFI router (Apple) in another part of the house with line of sight to the OpenSprinkler 3.0.

I can control the app via my desktop, but not update the firmware from my desktop, I had to get out a laptop connected to the WIFI router.

I must have to change a setting to go through two routers. Looking forward to setting up remote access 😉

Good clean fun.

dun4cheap
    Participant

Ian,

On the Apple Router is it set as an AP only and if so do you have the lan cable plugged in to the lan port or wan. If you have it setup as a router and the lan cable plugged in to the wan port, then you would be double natted. Not really the best way to run and this would make the OS device unreachable from the the first routers wifi and lan without opening ports etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks dun4cheap,

Yes that sounds like how I have it set up.
    In my lounge room I have the Apple Time Capsule WAN port connected via ethernet to the Internet Service Provider’s router LAN port located in my back office.
    I haven’t gone into opening any ports as everything works fine except updating the OS 3.0’s firmware.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Cant connect ot opensprinker via wifi