OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Can’t connect using ‘opensprinkler/’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

denny

I just finished assembling my OpenSprinkler kit and am very pleased so far. The instructions for assembly and use are excellent.
    In the tutorial it shows connecting to the device url using ‘opensprinkler/’ but this doesn’t work for me. I have to enter the specific IP address. I’ve tried static IP and DHCP but neither one works.

Is there something I can do to get this to work?

If I use ‘tracert’ to the IP, it shows a connection but no name. Most of my other PC’s, printers, etc. will return the name.

Ray
    Keymaster

This means the controller did not successfully register a host name. This is not uncommon and there is nothing to worry about. I’ve tested several different routers and WiFi adapters, for some it works, for the others I have to use the IP address. Since the software uses JeeLab’s EtherCard library, you can probably post the question on JeeLab’s forum and see if there is a solution.

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry, I mis-read your question: you mean you can’t get a connection even by using the IP address? What is your OpenSprinkler’s IP address? Click the first pushbutton (B1) should show the IP address, and second pushbutton (B2) shows the router’s IP address. Also, on the LCD do you see a question mark at the end of the second line?

denny

Hi Ray,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I can connect ok with the IP address which I have set to 192.168.0.20 (static).
    Sometimes I change IP addresses on my network & the only reason I want to connect with the name is to make it easier for my wife to connect.
    She manages all the water on our 2 ac mini-farm.
    I just thought there might be something dumb I was doing.
    Thanks,
    Denny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Can’t connect using ‘opensprinkler/’