OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Can't download pre-configured SD card image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zonejudo
    Participant

I’ve tried many times on different days and can’t download the zip file linked within the OSPi user manual. Is there an alternative download url?

Because I couldn’t get the above disk image I tried installing the new firmware using this procedure:

https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/ospi2-img-zip-in-the-ospi14-manual/#post-36146

Which generally seemed to work but when I try to run the firmware I get this error:

failed to bind socket: -1

network failed.

Can anyone help with either of these issues?

I have a Raspberry Pi B+

Ray
    Keymaster

When you say you can’t download the file, can you provide more specifics? Did the download start and fail to complete, or the download couldn’t even start?

“failed to bind socket: -1” means you have another service running at port 8080, and it conflicts with the unified firmware.

zonejudo
    Participant

When I click on the link in the manual it starts the download but either stays at 0gb downloaded or gets to 0.1GB and gets no further. One time it appeared to download the whole file (it was about 600mb or so) but wouldn’t unzip (perhaps it was not actually complete?) This in itself took about 7 hours! Most times it has an estimated download time of about 9 or 10 hours but doesn’t really progress.

Pete
    Participant

Are you using a Chrome (based) browser by any chance? This happened to me (Opera on a Mac) today. Instead I grabbed the URL and used wget in a terminal window and it worked like a charm. If you’re on windows try using FileZilla, or anything except the browser.

Good luck,

Ray
    Keymaster

Because the file is very large, you may consider using a download software like FlashGet or FileZilla as Pete suggested. The software can often resume download if it gets interrupted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Can't download pre-configured SD card image