OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Cant edit-save programs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

SmallTree
    Participant

I’ve had this OpenSprinkler unit for a few months now and have been using the run-once program option to manually trigger stations remotely when needed. It has been working great. I configured a scheduled program in the beginning just to test but have left it disable ever since.

I’m now about to go overseas for a couple of weeks and went to enable the program I created earlier but it wont let me save any program edits or create and save a new program – whenever I try to save a program I get the message “Please check input and try again”. I have tried a few different program options and values but cannot get anything to save – I just keep getting the same message?

I am running firmware 2.1.0

I have not yet tried upgrading the firmware but that will be next. In the meantime any ideas?

Ray
    Keymaster

Check the program’s interval time — it should not be zero. If you just want the program to run once during a day, you can use a large interval (such as 23 hours). As long as the end time minus the start time is less than the interval time, the program will run only once (at the start time).

From firmware 2.1.2, the settings for each program has been changed to one start time, and additional start times. This avoids the confusing ‘end time’ in prior firmwares.

SmallTree
    Participant

Ok, I logged in this morning and created a new program and set “Additional Start Times” -> “Repeating” -> “Repeat Every” = 23hrs

That appeared to work and the program ran correctly at the scheduled time. YAY! I thought that was it but I have just logged back in now to change something and the problem appears to be back in that if I try and save the program again I get the error “Check input and try again”. I even tried going into the previously saved program I created this morning, not changing anything and trying to click save changes and I get the same error?

I have 3 stations I want to run once daily for a few minutes each. I am trying to set:

“Start Time” = 7:10am

“Program Type” = Weekly, “Days of the Week” = All days selected

Ray
    Keymaster

Actually I was wrong about firmware 2.1.0 — it already supports the new program structure (hence you don’t see the End Time parameter which used to be in the old type of program structure). So you don’t need to set ‘Repeat Every’ at all.

I’m not exactly sure why you are getting the ‘Check input and try again’ error. It sounds like the controller returned an error code when saving the program. Just to be able to recreate the issue, can you tell me what’s the water time you’ve set for each station?

Ray
    Keymaster

Forgot to mention, another thing useful for us to debug is if you can go to the sidebar, and use Export Configuration to export your controller data to a file or plain text. You can post it here or if there is any sensitive information, you can submit it as a support ticket to us.

SmallTree
    Participant

Thanks Ray, here is an export of the configuration data:

{“programs”:{“nprogs”:1,”nboards”:1,”mnp”:14,”mnst”:4,”pnsize”:12,”pd”:[[1,127,0,[430,0,1380,0],[300,180,360,0,0,0,0,0],”Summer AM”]]},”stations”:{“snames”:[“Benches”,”Poles”,”Nursery1″,”S04″,”S05″,”S06″,”S07″,”S08″],”masop”:[255],”ignore_rain”:[0],”act_relay”:[0],”stn_dis”:[0],”maxlen”:16},”options”:{“fwv”:210,”tz”:92,”ntp”:1,”dhcp”:1,”ip1″:192,”ip2″:168,”ip3″:1,”ip4″:22,”gw1″:192,”gw2″:168,”gw3″:1,”gw4″:1,”hp0″:80,”hp1″:0,”ar”:1,”ext”:0,”seq”:1,”sdt”:0,”mas”:0,”mton”:0,”mtof”:0,”urs”:0,”rso”:1,”wl”:100,”den”:1,”ipas”:0,”devid”:0,”con”:110,”lit”:100,”dim”:5,”rlp”:0,”uwt”:0,”ntp1″:204,”ntp2″:9,”ntp3″:54,”ntp4″:119,”reset”:0,”dexp”:0,”mexp”:5},”status”:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],”settings”:{“devt”:1422453975,”nbrd”:1,”en”:1,”rd”:0,”rs”:0,”rdst”:0,”loc”:”pws:IVICMENT2″,”wtkey”:”removed_for_privacy”,”sunrise”:388,”sunset”:1237,”sbits”:[0,0],”ps”:[[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0,0],[0,0]],”lrun”:[2,1,360,1422429841]}}

There are 3 stations(Benches, Poles and Nursery), times I’m running the stations for are 5min, 3min and 6min.

The only other information I can think that may be useful is I was playing around with triggering run once programs using a URL string ie. ( address/cr?pw=password&t=[240,180,360,0,0,0,0,0] ) which appeared to work fine, this was before I tried scheduling a program and having the issue mentioned.

SmallTree
    Participant

Ok, it appears to be a Firefox issue? I seem to be able to edit and save programs using the Android app and Chrome but Firefox gives me the “Check Input” error?

I’m using Firefox 35.0.1 on Ubuntu 14.04LTS

Samer
    Keymaster

Are you using the browser or the app from the marketplace? If you are using the app, which version of the app are you using?

Version 1.2.6 had a bug with Firefox that could possibly cause issues however the 1.2.7 update resolved that for Firefox. Please check if this might be the issue.

Thanks!

SmallTree
    Participant

This morning with the testing I’ve done:

– using the app on my android phone from the market place works ok
    – using Chrome browser on my Ubuntu laptop works ok
    – using Firefox from my laptop gives me the error.

The app version is 1.2.7

I am sure I was having the error yesterday with the android app but it is working ok this morning? I may have been mistaken though. I’ll pay more attention from now on.

Could there be an issue accessing the UI using different devices/methods in quick succession?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Cant edit-save programs