OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Can't login, password OK, json responses may be wrong

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rocketman4321
    Participant

Our system somehow lost time and rain sensing while on vacation, and I’m trying to troubleshoot it. (System is 3rd party hardware/16 zones, ethernet/TPlink to wifi, 2nd-latest software for non-Pi–can’t see version). The iOS app fails to connect. On a web page (either Firefox or Chrome) it shows the login page, and when I enter the password it says “Loading” for a few seconds and then returns to the login. (An incorrect password is immediately flagged.)
    Based on other info here, I tried json queries (at the browser URL line). /jn, /jp, /js, and /jc all give “result: 2” (no quotes). /jo and /ja give “fwv: 216”.
    I’ve tried power cycling the unit and a soft (button 2) reset but no change.

Will a hard reset wipe out the memory card? I’d really like to see what went on with the system. And will it destroy the programs? I have some backups but they’re not recent. Anything else to try?

Thank you!

Ray
    Keymaster

You said “System is 3rd party hardware/16 zones” — if the hardware is not made by us, I can’t say for sure what caused the issue, or whether reset will wipe out the memory card. But generally when you do a factory reset the programs will be erased.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Can't login, password OK, json responses may be wrong