OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Can't stop it watering constantly since this morning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pholcroft
    Participant

I’ve been using this for months without issue. But today it has gone crazy watering each station with a run once program for about a minute each and just looping. If I stop it, a new one just starts up. I tried rebooting the system, rebooting my phone, changing the password, changing the web port to a random one, and finally I just tried disabling the system completely with “Disable Operation” which hasn’t worked either.

I’ve now just unplugged it. I have no idea what has happened to it suddenly. I can’t see anything in the options which would explain this behaviour. What could be triggering the run once programs that can survive a password change and port change?

screenshot

screenshot2

robi
    Participant

Reset to factory defaults…

pholcroft
    Participant

I factory reset it and unfortunately the issue came back. Watching the controller, it seems to be running a test program which does 1 minute for each zone. I found a post about this here Test Progamme

The instructions for starting the test program involves pressing B3 three times, so my current theory is that there is something wrong with that button making phantom presses.

I’m a bit worried as I’m going on holiday in 10 days so need to get this fixed before then.

As a workaround I’m thinking of recompiling the firmware without the test programmes until I can figure out the issue.

Also wondering if I could add in some debug code to see what buttons are being registered to confirm if it is phantom B3 presses.

Ray
    Keymaster

I see that you’ve already submitted a support ticket, so will continue with support from there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Can't stop it watering constantly since this morning