OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Causes of unreachable OpenSprinkler ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

Dear friends,
    my opensprinkler is hosted in a sealed box outside in the garden and accessing it is not that easy.

After quite a few days of flawless operation this morning I cannot either ping it nor of course reach its web interface. The programs are happily running though and this is the important thing !

I can ping and connect to the little TP-Link wireless bridge but that’s it.

I remember I removed the “reconnect” option. Might that be the cause ?

Probably powering off my house and on again could reset things but I’d rather avoid this.

Thanks for any insight.

Robert

Ray
    Keymaster

If you turned off ‘reconnect’ and you are using DHCP, it’s likely that when the router resets, the controller will lose connection to the router and not be able to recover. My recommendation is to either turn ‘reconnect’ back on, or set a static IP. If you are worried that leaving ‘reconnect’ on may freeze the controller, please upgrade to firmware 2.0.7, which has added watchdog timer to solve the freeze issue.

Of course resetting the power can also allow the controller to re-establish connection to the router.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Causes of unreachable OpenSprinkler ?