OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Updated: Change Wireless Access Point w/o reset?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jillelaine01
    Participant

Can I change the wireless access point that my OpenSprinkler v3.0 uses without having to perform a full reset of the device back to its factory settings?

Update: I accomplished this by backing up OpenSprinkler’s configuration, then performing a full reset of the device to get it back into Access Point (AP) mode so that I could ‘point’ it to my new wireless access point. Then I restored the configuration to the OS controller. This worked smoothly enough. But perhaps there is a way to edit a ‘wireless’ configuration file on the OS directly, instead of going through the above steps?

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, the current firmware 2.1.7(2) provides a way to switch WiFi network without erasing everything. This is done by pressing B3+B2 (press and hold B3 then press B2, like how you do Ctrl+C). Also, there is a HTTP API that allows the controller to reset to AP mode without performing factory reset:
    https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-Firmware/blob/master/server.cpp#L1336
    This does require you to have firmware 2.1.7(2) or above though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Updated: Change Wireless Access Point w/o reset?