OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Cloud Sync with OpenSprinkler.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Samer
    Keymaster

As an added convenience, the OpenSprinkler app will soon feature site synchronization using OpenSprinkler.com as the sync location. Authentication will be performed using the same credentials as you use to login to the forums and support site. The feature will save all site information to your account so simply logging in on a new device will bring all the same OpenSprinkler sites to that device.

When you first sign in all sites will sync and subsequent devices that login will be prompted to merge or replace the cloud-stored sites. The site manager page has also been updated to show a sync status message and allow manual syncing. The feature is completely optional and can be accessed by the sign in button on the start page (fresh app install) or side panel (once a device has been configured).

For security, all site data is encrypted client side before it is sent to the server. This is done using the Stanford Javascript Crypto Library (https://bitwiseshiftleft.github.io/sjcl/) and the account password is used in conjunction with a one-time use salt. The encryption is done using AES block cipher in CCM mode. All communication is done over SSL and after initial authentication a time-based token is issued and automatically renewed as needed.

This will be released today (or within the week for iOS) and wanted to briefly give some details and open a channel for questions/suggestions.

Thanks!

rjalex
    Participant

This is really cool Samer. Thanks a lot.

Brian
    Participant

Do you have any tips or tricks for logging in to the Android app with an OpenSprinkler.com account that uses 3rd party SSO authentication (i.e. Google/Facebook)?

FYI: While this isn’t app related, I originally tried signing up for an account on OpenSprinkler.com with another e-mail account, but never received the verification e-mail to complete the account setup (I did check my SPAM trap). I ended up resorting to using my google account to sign up instead.

Samer
    Keymaster

I have another user who also has an issue receiving email which frankly means I am doing something wrong. I am going to investigate our email server a little more to ensure we are not being blocked/blacklisted somewhere.

The single sign on methods are not yet supported for authentication on the application however I will look into adding this and update here.

In regard to getting it working now, I sent you an email with some information regarding your account and hopefully that will get things working.

Thanks!

Brian
    Participant

Thanks again for the assistance Samer!

FYI: I did a quick RBL and SPF check for the client IP that is in the messages that made it through to my Gmail account for my recent hardware order and didn’t spot anything obviously wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is this active yet? I am unable to login from either my android phone, or iPad apps. On my phone (Htc m8, android 5.0.2) touching the login button does nothing. On the ipad (2, ios 8.3), it just tells me either incorrect login info, or just constant login loop. (i.e., just keeps bringing me back to login entry popup)

Samer
    Keymaster

Chad, this has been active for quite a while now and uses the same username and password that you use to login to the forums. If the login info is incorrect, that would explain why it is not working.

Have you changed your password recently?

Are you trying to sign in from the side panel of an already connected device or sign into cloud from a new app install on the start page?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure what was wrong. I don’t know if I needed to, but uninstalled, reinstalled on both devices. Now, everything is synced….

I think on the phone, I may have already been signed in, but the side tab showed “login” rather than “Logout”?

Similarly, on the ipad, I was trying to login from the initial login (new user) page. When I entered the correct information, it just went back to the login, but after closing the app, and reopening I was automatically signed in..

Okay, now I was able to repeat the problem. On my ipad I signed out, then the screen looks like this:

[IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/18/ca286ca01c8fa2dddd642563eb887c01.jpg[/IMG]

If I click on the login tab, nothing happens. I have tried restarting the app, and still have the same problem. Then only way to re-login, is to remove the app, reinstall, and start over.

Samer
    Keymaster

Ah okay, yes I am able to replicate this. Thank you for the report and I will be posting a fix for this ASAP.

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Replicate”, that was the word I was looking for😁

gary
    Participant

Hi,

I saw this feature and have 2 devices and figured i’d give it a shot.

When i login from the first device it asks “Do you wish to add this location to your cloud synced site list?, This site is not found in the currently synced site list but may be added now.”. I clicked yes.

And tried the other device and it gave the same message, so i clicked”no”

I found every time i login from the first device i get the same message, it does not appear to be “syncing”

am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Gary

Samer
    Keymaster

Could you try clicking yes on both devices and letting both sync and trying again?

gary
    Participant

no, I did not try saying yes to both because I did not want the 2nd device’s data to be uploaded and overwrite the first one. The first one’s configuration is up to date and the second one is older data. I wanted to upload data from #1 and then download that same data to #2.

I completed what I wanted to do with the traditional json export import.

I suppose once they both match I can say yes.

Does the could sync store the data for each device separately for one account?

Samer
    Keymaster

Yes, it would add it as a separate device which should have synced between your devices automatically once added.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Cloud Sync with OpenSprinkler.com