OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Compiling for ESP32

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CraigS
    Participant

I have been unable to compile OpenSprinkler for the ESP32, has anyone had any success with this? I am using the source from pbecchi/ESP32-Sprinkler at GitHub. I set the pins file for the most basic configuration I could find. Just get lots of compile error and I am really experienced enough to track these down. My configuration will be fairly simple, just one of the small graphic displays and one if the I2C expanders to drive the valves.

I did try all the various configurations but all had similar compile errors, so something must have changed in the libraries. I use Visual Studio 17 with visual micro as my normal platform but I get similar results using the normal Arduino IDE.

Thanks,
    Craig

gmauzy
    Participant

This isn’t much help but I could never get his ESP8266 project to compile either. I don’t think it is on our end.

Ray
    Keymaster

It would be useful to at least paste the error messages you are getting. ‘It doesn’t compile’ does not really give much information for someone to help you.

CraigS
    Participant

Hi, Ray

It’s been a while since I played with this. I just set it up again and tried to compile with the latest Arduino tools (1.8.9), attached is the error log. Last time I attempted this I managed to fix one of the errors but that just let more show up — mostly beyond my capability and understanding.

Thanks,
    Craig

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

Well, I have no experience with compiling for ESP32 to be honest. I was referring to gmauzy’s post about compiling for ESP8266 — we compile it on a regular basis so if there is any problem with compiling the firmware for ESP8266, I should be able to answer the questions easily.

ja.charer
    Participant

Hello, have you checked this https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/opensprinkler-on-esp32/. Two year ago I’ve manage to compile a code for ESP32.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Compiling for ESP32