OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Considering OSPi for Raised Bed Garden

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

How_Dry_I_Am
    Participant

Hello.

Considering purchasing the OSPi and would like some feedback on reliability and feasibility for my current project.

Reworking my raised bed garden from the ground up or should I say below ground.

It’s big, a little too big, it’s more like a school science project that took a wrong turn.

First constructed early 2000’s the beds are still in great shape but the area took a turn for the worse when the weed barrier broke down prematurely and failed at doing its main job.

Previously the garden was configured as a 5 zone system that broke out into a well organized yet complicated maze of pvc, tubing, manifolds and emitters to water than then (10+) raised beds.

Since I am starting from scratch I am considering doing one ( 1:1 ) irrigation valve per raised bed.

Would the OSPi reliably control 10+ valves?

How many valves could I operate at one time?

What would I need to purchase from OpenSprinkler?

Any issues utilizing a Pi 3B+ ?

What about WiFi range? Would a USB Wifi dongal with antenna be a good idea? If so any recommendations?

Can the OpenSprinkler App integrate/function with OpenHAB or other host services/scripts via API (etc…)?

Any sources for inexpensive irrigation wire? While irrigation valves can be found for under $10 when purchasing in bulk irrigation wire is a bit pricey for the amount I will need.

Thanks for your time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Considering OSPi for Raised Bed Garden