OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Control a Pan & Tilt base

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

johnwillyn
    Participant

I am thinking of using OSPi to control this device (as well as some of my sprinkler systems):

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DEFENDER-SECURITY-82-12440-/82-12440

It uses 24v to actuate each of up, down, left and right, and has an optional control box that looks like it just turns on/off the various contacts.

I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the responsiveness of the relays and if I would be able to control this base with sufficient accuracy.

I have parts on order, but would like to hear any thoughts you might like to share.

John

Ray
    Keymaster

On specification, it seems this should be able to work with OSPi. It’s driven by 24VAC power, there is a common wire, and individual wires for left, right, up and down. So the four individual wires are equivalent to four zones. To be safe, you should measure the resistance between COM and each of the direction port. The resistance ideally should be more than 20 ohm. The turning speed is 5 degrees per second. Because OpenSprinkler firmware supports water time only down to seconds, you won’t be able to turn it at an accuracy less than 5 degrees.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Control a Pan & Tilt base