OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Correct Expansion Board

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wavy

Good Day,

I have a OSPi v1.3 board and need to add the expansion board. I have a v 1.1 expansion board which came with a straight through cable. After connecting the two boards and powering up the OSPi, it would no longer boot. I replaced the Raspberry Pi board, but then could not turn on any zones. After replacing the 74HC595, the OSPi board is working great again.

Should this combination of boards work?

Thanks,
    Dave

Ray
    Keymaster

Does your expansion board come with a cable that has polarized connectors (i.e. connector that has a bump on it)? The early versions of expansion board did not come with polarized connectors, and the cable has different wirings. The expansion board and cable are designed to match each other. The key is that the DATA_OUT pin of the main controller should be linked to the DATA_IN pin of the expansion board. You can check the wiring on your version to see if this is the case. In general as long as you use the cable that comes with the expansion board it should be ok. If you can post a picture of your expansion board that would be great. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Correct Expansion Board