OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Device ID and MacAddy and Device Name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dun4cheap
    Participant

On my first OS when I changed the device number the mac address would change. Ver 2.1 ,  My new ones Ver. 2.2 the mac id is not changing. Also I am unable to find where I can name my device so they are all showing up as os1. Am I missing something or is this normal. It looks as if the newer hardware now has a fixed mac address which is ok, just wanted to make sure this is the case.

Thanks,

Samer
    Keymaster

You are correct, newer devices have a hardware chip that defines a unique MAC address making the device ID pointless (hence no change after changing it).

We will be updating the next firmware to remove this option from devices that have the hardware MAC defined.

Thanks!

Samer
    Keymaster

The device does not keep track of its own name however the app does and you may change the site name there.

Furthermore, as of app 1.4.1, sites can be securely cloud synced preserving the site name across all devices.

dun4cheap
    Participant

samer,

Thanks for the quick response. I figured as much, makes sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Device ID and MacAddy and Device Name