OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Different weather adjustment baseline for each station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Luke Howell
    Participant

I’ve got a variety of plants watered from my osp, and the problem I have is they have vastly different watering requirements.
    I’ve got natives that need barely anything except when it’s very hot, and veges that need it daily in late spring and summer.
    Can the weather adjustment baseline be made an option in each station instead of blanket across the system, or otherwise have some way to specify the sensitivity of each plant type or station?

Ray
    Keymaster

That’s going to be difficult to implement because at the moment the firmware only sends one weather request each time. If every zone uses a different set of parameters that would require sending one weather request per zone, which is going to be a lot. A more feasible way would be for the weather server to send back only the weather data required for calculating the watering percentage (instead of calculating the watering percentage and return that directly). But we are hesitant to make that change because that means the weather algorithm has to be hard coded into the firmware.

Luke Howell
    Participant

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. I agree the way I suggested is clumsy. Given you only have a limited number of weather requests that wouldn’t be feasible, and hard coding the weather algorithm is a bad idea. I saw a post on the forum about having a Min watering percentage for each station (eg grass only gets watered once watering percentage is over 80%, veges once over 10%). I think this would solve my problem and as far as I know should be easy to implement, at least from a coding perspective.

What do you think of that idea?

Luke

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, a min watering percentage is much easier to implement. I’ve put it on the todo list to consider for future firmware updates.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Different weather adjustment baseline for each station