Tagged: mobile app
June 3, 2018 at 7:14 am #50446
I’m having trouble setting up the iPhone Mobile App to connect to the Internet when out of WiFi range.
1. I have it working with WiFi.
2. I have a Web App on the iPhone that works.
3. Port Forwarding is set up and working (because the Web App is working)
Here is my problem.
1. I bring up the app and go to the Manage Sites.
2. Do a search for controller, it finds it, I enter the password. And it creates a site for WiFi that works.
3. I press the plus (+) to add a site.
4. I select manual to enter the information.
5. I try to enter the External Internet IP and port. nnn.nn.nn.nnn:8080
6. I get the message that the ip is invalid. note: It’s the same IP and port that I use in the web app.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.June 3, 2018 at 2:56 pm #50460
It doesn’t sound like you are doing anything wrong. Is the web app a direct forward to the device or a proxy?
Are you trying the external IP while connected to the wifi or instead to the cellular network?June 3, 2018 at 6:33 pm #50473
Thank you Samer, You have resolved it. I shut down WiFi on my iPhone and went through the same process and it worked. I thought I had tried that before, but obviously not.
So for anyone else that is interested. The solution is to go into Managing Sites and set up the WiFi first letting the the app find the controller. I give that Site1 the name of WiFi. Then I turn off WiFi and go back and use the plus (+) sign and use the name “Internet” and enter the external Internet IP followed by a “:”and the port number. Now I have the choice of using WiFi or Internet. My yard has spots where the WiFi doesn’t work so I can switch back and forth.
Thanks again for the help. I really like your App and Open Sprinkler.
Keep up the good work.
WallyJune 4, 2018 at 10:26 am #50492
Awesome, glad to hear it worked out!October 23, 2019 at 8:40 pm #63026
Similar problem and no solution found yet
I’ve been very happy with open sprinkler 2.3 set up with wifi and controlled via my I-pad BUT suddenly it stopped working. I try to connect and the message comes back unable to connect to Sitte 1. The IP address is correct (identical with what the controller shows when pressing B1 – though I have to say at 10.1.1.192 it looks a bit strange but that’s what it always has been)
Trying to add a site using the scan for device function results in ‘No new devices found’ Trying to add manually using the IP address send back message Check IP/port and try again
any ideasOctober 23, 2019 at 8:43 pm #63027
Can you access the IP provided from Safari on the same device?
If not, I would work on figuring out why you can’t reach it which should solve the app issue. The IP does seem odd if you aren’t expecting that almost suggesting you might have a double NAT.October 23, 2019 at 8:56 pm #63028
forgive me being a techno peasant but what is a double NAT?
I can’t access the IP via Safari either
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.