OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Disable and enable problem and Firmware update query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

G’day Ray,

I’m using opensprinkler with board V1.4u and firmware 1.8.3

One thing I have noticed is when I have the system disabled e.g. for winter and we have a mains power fail, when the power comes back on the opensprinkler comes back with all programs intact of course but the unit is now enabled.
    This has caused me some problems when I am away on an extended trip during the winter months by wasting water. Once I was aware of what can happen, I remotely check the system periodically while I am away from home if I have internet available to me.

My questions to you
    will the latest firmware update be ok to load into my version of board
    and if so, does it address the disabled/enable problems after power fail ?

Apart from this issue I am very happy with the system, it has been in operation now for almost 2 years.

Cheers
    Dennis
    in Perth Western Australia

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi Dennis,

Firmware 1.8.3 does not store the ‘disable/enable’ bit in EEPROM. So if the controller restarts, it will be put back into ‘enabled’.

The latest firmware 2.0.x (for OpenSprinkler V2) stores this bit in EEPROM so the status will be preserved over power outage. Unfortunately firmware 2.0.x will not work with your V1 hardware. The work-around is to turn off the power switch if you want the system to remain off for an extended period of time.

Thanks for your reply Ray.
    I was afraid that is what you would say, I guess the option is to either update my board or be content to turn the unit off when away for extended periods.

Best regards
    Dennis (FeetFirst)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Disable and enable problem and Firmware update query