OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Display not working after drop

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MMcLure
    Participant

Hi, I recently bought a new OpenSprinkler and zone expander. Everything was working fine in my tests until I was ready to install in the final location. Unfortunately while navigating the small room where it goes I dropped it from around 4ft to a wooden floor. I finished installing and when I powered it up there was nothing on the display. However, it is successful in connecting to WiFi and all my zones are being controlled.

I opened it up to see if anything obvious was wrong, nothing seemed broken but I did notice that the display daughter board was not soldered to the main board but rather the pins just went through holes in it. I tried sliding the pins in and out with no success.

Completely my fault that I dropped it, but I wonder if there’s more debugging I can do or whether I can get a replacement display board if the drop broke it.

The display is a “nice to have” and not a make or break thing, but I’d like to have it if possible.

Thanks!

MMcLure
    Participant

I opened a support ticket and the suggested solution was to slightly spread the pins that connect the display to the main board. This worked and now the display is back in action.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Display not working after drop