OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Does not save "sequential" when editing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Sergei
    Participant

Hi!
    I have the most recent firmware 2.1.5 and found that when I edit my station trying to check “Sequential”, it does not get saved. At first I thought it happens only when some program is running but I stopped everything and it is still happening. Is this a bug?

Samer
    Keymaster

I just tested this in a few browsers and applications and had no issues making the changes. What browser or app are you using to make the changes? Do you get any error or success messages?

Thanks!

Sergei
    Participant

I used the app on Android and it always says the the station has been updated. When I click the next time, the checkbox is till not checked. Tested it also on Firefox 38.0.6 and Chrome 41.0.2272.118. Doing it from the browsers also says that the stations have been updated.

Sergei
    Participant

It seems that I figured that bug. Whenever a name of the station contains not Latin characters parameters do not get saved. Do you use UTF-8 for those name strings?

Sergei
    Participant

It seems there is another problem: “sequential” does not always get saved when I have Latin characters only.

Samer
    Keymaster

Keep in mind all stations are updated when a single station is changed. This means if there is any station with non Latin characters then all are affected. Can you send me the problematic string name so I can replicate and fix?

Thanks

Sergei
    Participant

Cyrillic characters. For example “8:Алыча”
    I truly deleted Cyrillic names, was able to edit, and put Cyrillic names back.

Ray
    Keymaster

How many stations do you have? Can you export your configurations to a file and attach it here (make sure to mask out your WUndeground API key if you have one)? At the moment I cannot reproduce the issue you reported.

Sergei
    Participant

I have 15 stations configured. The exported JSON is attached.

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi, I tried using your configurations and I can’t reproduce the issue. Right after importing, the stations names seem to be truncated for some reason, but I then manually edited and saved each station names and it works fine. I can edit the sequential flag successfully. Could this be related to the browser you are using? Are you using the OpenSprinkler app or you are using the browser directly?

Sergei
    Participant

I used both the app and web interface from FF and Chrome. The truncation occurs to me too but I edited the strings down to the length when it did not occur. This is the config I attached.

It might be related to a system locale which might somehow affect the browser and apps. Mine is “ru_RU.UTF-8”. Yours is probably “C”.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Does not save "sequential" when editing