• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

growlab

I use my opensprinkler with pleasure, but I think a feature is missing.
    Currently we can set the rain delay time for hours, but I think it would be useful to dynamically change the delay (ex: delay 1 hour every 30 minutes of rain).
    What do you think?

Many thanks.

Gioacchino

Anonymous
    Inactive

A good way to address this requirement is to add a rain sensor which automatically extends its ‘rain sensed’ state beyond the period of rain fall depending on the amount of rain and the current weather conditions (temperature, humidity).

I have installed the inexpensive Irritrol RS500 Rain Sensor on my roof gutter. I can set a ‘rain sensed’ trigger level to between 3 and 19 mm of rain. Inside the sensor, it has leather disks that swell up when it rains (triggering the preset ‘rain sensed’ micro-switch). After it has stopped raining, the leather disks start to dry out and shrink back to their original size, eventually turning off ‘rain sensed’. The rate of shrinkage depends on the day’s temperature and humidity – a simple and cleaver way to automatically adjust watering operation for the amount of rain and current weather conditions.

Mark

ClaytonRoss
    Participant

Yes ,
    I use the Orbit Rain sensor, and it has a window at the base that can be open or closed to further adjust the rate of evaporation.
    GrowLab i have not seen rain sensors that switch states to NO Rain , just as soon as it stops raining. So you have one like that ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.