OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Email reminder (say) every 60 minutes after the system is "Disabled"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stephen
    Participant

Our home water pressure is not great so when the shower upstairs is about to run, we disable OpenSprinkler on our RPi, and once the shower is finished, we re-enable the system. This beats any “The shower has just gone cold – are the sprinklers running?” screams from the bathroom!

Sometimes I forget to turn the system back on and the only clue I have is that the garden starts to wilt and I get a “duhhh” moment!

If there a way to set up an email reminder that after 60 minutes (or 120 minutes etc), the RPi sends me an email reminder that the system is disabled, and then consistently reminds me every 60 minutes until I re-activate the system?

Ray
    Keymaster

This can be done by using an external script that polls the system (through HTTP GET) once per hour and sends notifications if the system enable flag is off. This flag is in the variable ‘en’ returned by /jc, as documented in the HTTP API:
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/5000716363-os-api-documents

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Email reminder (say) every 60 minutes after the system is "Disabled"