OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Enclosure tecnical drawing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mpoloniato
    Participant

Hi to all, I’m new in the forum. Im interested in buying Opensprinkler. I am searching for a technical drawing of the enclosure of the controller (main dimensions/ hole for mounting etc.) to understand where to install it before buying it. I can manage both 2D or 3D, PDF or CAD files.
    Thanks in advance

mpoloniato
    Participant

Just the attached quotes would be enough for my purposes.
    Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry, in the process of deleting my reply (I wasn’t able to attach the enclosure design file), I accidentally deleted your attachment. In any case, do you have Solid Works or any software that can view .x_t file? The enclosure was designed by SeeedStudio and I was given a .x_t file which can be viewed in SolidWorks. If you can, I will send you the 3D file. If not, I will measure the dimensions as you indicated.

mpoloniato
    Participant

x_t file is fine for me.
    Thanks you!

Jim86301
    Participant

Hi:
    I would also appreciate the technical drawing showing the dimensions of the enclosure. I would like to retrofit the OpenSprinkler into an Irritrol (RainDial) RD600-EXT enclosure. I don’t think a .x_t file would be of use to me. The only 3D program I have is SketchUp. A PDF file or measured dimensions would be fine.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Ray
    Keymaster

x_t file is attached here. Because the forum does not allow attaching non-image files, I renamed it .png. After downloading, change the extension name to x_t and that should do it.

(Update): new download link: http://raysfiles.com/os/opensprinkler3.zip

Jim86301
    Participant

Ray:
    Thanks for making the .x_t file available. I was able to upload and open it in GrabCAD and determine that the outside dimensions are 5.35 inches by 3.58 inches and that the mounting centers are 4.88 inches by 2.60 inches. Are these the correct values?
    Thank you

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, your measurements are pretty accurate.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Enclosure tecnical drawing