OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Erratic weather history AND rain sensor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ultradianguy
    Participant

I’m having two problems with my OS3 Latch that I assume are unrelated but I don’t know for sure:
    1) I hooked up a new Hunter MiniClik rain sensor, which is normally closed. I configured my OS accordingly and set the sensor to 1/4″. We had quite a lot of rain today. As expected, the sensor triggered and the OS showed it was activated. However, it has continued to go on and off every minute or so for the last several hours. There are hundreds of entries in the log, as shown in the attached screenshot. If this were going on when a program was scheduled to run it’s not clear to me what would happen. I would assume the sensor should just stay activated until it dries out.

2) Regarding weather history, it’s not clear to me how often it updates but it’s often out of date. However, I discovered that if I make a small change to any of the weather adjustment parameters it will force an update. However, if I do this a few times separated by just a minute or so, the results vary wildly. For instance, in the space of 10 min, the retrieved amount of rain went from 0.02, to 0.3 back to zero to 0.6. Similarly the water level went from 100% to 30% to 100% to 0%. All within the space of a few minutes.

Something about the retrieval is not working right. How often should this get updated? Does it always update before starting any programs?

Thanks

Attachments:

ultradianguy
    Participant

I tried rewiring the sensor and that seemed to help for a while but it’s now going on and off again, so there’s no issue with a flaky connection at the OS terminals.

Ray
    Keymaster

What’s your firmware version? Please always report the firmware version as different firmwares have different configurations.

ultradianguy
    Participant

2.2.0 (1)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Erratic weather history AND rain sensor